My doctor told me to go to church instead of getting therapy..?

Read the Story

Show Top Comments

Bring it up again directly request a therapy referral and if the “go to church” is presented ask for that in writing. Then sue his ass.


Get a new doctor and report him to the medical board


Find a new doctor and report that one.


Report him. Also the most depressed I was in my life was when I was at church, I don’t exactly think being around a lot of homophobic and sexist people reminding you of how “evil” you are each week is exactly uplifting.


Always a sad day when someone goes through 6-8 years of focused and rigorous schooling to earn a high-level degree, only to use absolutely none of it when someone else needs them to. Make sure to leave some enlightening online reviews warning others to stay away after you’ve kicked this idiot practitioner to the curb.