LPT: Never buy antique toys for your children. Lots of them were painted with lead paint, and there have been instances of children chewing the paint off their toys and suffering from lead poisoning as a result.

Read the Story

Show Top Comments

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips! Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment. If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn’t help you in any way, please downvote. If you don’t care, leave it for the others to decide.

keepthetips

I didn’t know this. I love antique toys, they’re mostly far better in quality than the current plastic toys

savbh

What instances? Pretty sure ancient lead paint on the odd toy being chewed isn’t enough to give anyone poisoning. It was more people who grew up in the era surrounded by it not just in toys but in car fumes and paint on the walls.

helic0n3

Who gives antique toys to small children? TBH I think the world is better off without kids dumb enough to eat paint.

untrustworthycrow